eLN Interactive Webinar Series: Writing for Learning with Helen Hill
NEW DATE FROM THE PREVIOUSLY POSTPONED MARCH 2021 EVENT
How much do you consider what you are writing in your learning beyond making sure it covers the right topics, the learning objectives and is grammatically correct?
In this session we will look at the key principles of writing for learning and what we can learn from the fields of Content and UX design. I will provide some tools and tips for creating an equal experience for all, making your content accessible and improving the flow and readability. In other words – putting the learners first.
We will be looking at topics such as:
- Using plain language
- The Readability Guidelines
- The learner journey
- Planning for translation and localisation
- Helpful tools and resources
In this session, you will:
- Learn how to improve your writing to account for all learners using Content Design principles
- Identify points for improvement in your own work
- Share experiences and knowledge of UX design and how you implement it in your work
- Discover resources and tools to help you learn more
- Helen Hill