Learning Technologies 2017: 10 Questions to ask Authoring Tool Vendors
Attending Learning Technologies 2017 at Olympia this year? If so the eLN will be there to help you get the most from the conference and show.
We are running an ‘Ask the Expert‘ drop-in centre at the show (Stand S3) and will be sharing some questions you should be asking exhibitors and vendors.
To get started here are 10 questions put together by eLN Directors John Curran, Richard Hyde and Andy Moorman that you really should be asking authoring tool vendors:
- How are templates, interactions and themes created and maintained in the product?
- How active is the user community supporting the product?
- How can I collaborate with team members using the product?
- What’s on your product development roadmap?
- Can we move licenses between authors simply and easily?
- Is published content accessible to WCAG 2.0 guidelines (A, AA or AAA)?
- What browsers does your output support? (is support still provided for older versions of IE)
- Will the published content work effectively in a low bandwidth environment?
- Is published content suitable for all devices or do we need to select a target device when we publish?
- Is the published output responsive and can I see it on a mobile/tablet/laptop/desktop?